MBM has approximately 100 highly skilled foremen and tradesmen, including carpenters and plasterers, who self-perform key elements of our work, which eliminates the need to outsource. This benefits our clients in several ways, from budget and schedule control to more effective communication throughout the project.
Self-Perform services include:
- Selective Demolition
- Spread Footer & Foundation Walls
- Cold Formed Framing & Sheathing
- Rough & Finish Carpentry
- Plaster Work
- Spray-On Fireproofing
- Fire Penetration Sealing
- Insulation (Thermal + Sound)
- Metal Framing
- Installation of Acoustic Ceilings
- Installation of Custom Casework
- Installation of Doors, Frames + Hardware
- Installation of Division 10 Specialties
Self-Perform – Experience
Our experienced tradesman have a greater knowledge of the project by working with the team from the projects inception and will produce quality work.
Self-Perform – Communication
Our team of foremen and tradesmen have experience working together as a team. This experience allows for more effective communication. Seamless communication is paramount in large scale construction projects. Working with another general contractor who outsources these services may at times slow communication which can not only cause possible rework, but can add costs to the bottom-line. Effective communication also helps to ensure that projects are completed as promised and on schedule.
Self-Perform – Quality
At MBM we stand behind our work and maintain strict quality standards. By offering self-perform services, we are able to adhere to and monitor this quality standard. We control the quality outcomes and are able to identify and fix potential problems more quickly and efficiently.
Self-Perform – Control
- Schedule– having in-house contractors performing the work allows us to adhere to our project timeline more effectively. It reduces delays by eliminating the need to coordinate work and allows our team to closely monitor labor needs in order to make adjustments if necessary. In addition, because we are monitoring our own quality, the need to rework is greatly reduced, if not completely eliminated.
- Budget-budget control is established by keeping the costs monitored and eliminating the secondary subcontractor markup charged when working with an outside contractor. In addition, staying within the project timeline also helps control the budget.